Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Career-Minded Madness

So, how did the interview go? I sure hope you scored the job....extra money is certainly a relief. You could do what I did....haev a relative that everyone was certain had nothing pass on, and leave you $12k. That will put a dent in the bills. I miss my aunt dearly, but I know that she would be pleased to know that she was eliminating a world of stress for me.

As for the job front here. I will be "celebrating" (if you can call it that) my 5 year anniversary at my job this year. It has been a great place to work thus far, and they have taken good care of me. But, I have to ask myself the painful questions....do I want to work with lawn and garden equipment for the rest of my life? I don't "lawn and garden" at home, do I want to keep it up for work? I went to a trade show...the World of Concrete. Woo-freakin-hoo. Let me tell you. 50,000 people interested in concrete, not the most exciting place to be. Made me realize that after 5 years, I still don't know anything about how to build a shovel, nor do I ever want to. Real estate...I could do that. And want to get liscensed this year. But, if I start that part time, will I interfere with this job? Or will I have the nerve to move on to a life of commission and uncertainty?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home