Tuesday, February 15, 2005

MIA

Oh i've been MIA for awhile. So sorry. Life has been nutty.

My last day at work was last Friday. I accepted a job doing design for Cincinnati Children's hospital's Marketing and Communication's department. I start Monday. I am very excited.

It has been an interesting couple of weeks. My husband, Chris, and I just got back from a 5 day trip to the Chicago 'burbs to visit his folks. It was a very eye-opening experience for both of us. Getting used to someone else's family (and being a part of their clan) is a very trying experience. I love his family to death, but they are so different from my own, and it has been challenging to adapt to the differences. He's never been very close to his mother, and he has really tried to reach out to her since we began talking about getting married. It's a struggle for him sometimes, because his mother can be very distant and complex. And it's so hard for me to watch him suffer through this and hurt so much about things she said to him years ago, or her appearance of disinterest in her family - only interest in her computer. It's hard to watch him tear up talking about it, and how he cannot convince her to go to a doctor - nobody can- to have a mammogram and check for various types of cancer when Chris is a cancer survivor. She hasn't been to a doctor of any kind since 1986. Scary. It just feels like maybe she just doesn't care. I know that she is stubborn, but it just feels like apathy.

*sigh* I feel so old whining about this stuff. It's hard to worry about our parents getting older.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home