Thursday, May 19, 2005

con't

i've started walking around our large parking lot at work twice at lunchtime and have converted myself to eating a healthy choice meal at lunch. i still need to get more exercise in, but like erin was saying, i'm working 2 jobs and doing a play, which pretty much takes up all my time. if i throw working out in there (which i also never had to do to stay in shaped) when will i have any time for myself? i have a puppy at home who i never play with and a boyfriend i try to fit in as well. hopefully that will be a little bit easier when we move in together in 2 weeks. i can't slack off on my 2nd job because i have a $944 dental bill and a $600 medical bill to pay off. grr.

the major ways in which my body has changed are:
1) i now have a belly (complete with stretch marks)--it makes wearing pants or sitting uncomfortable sometimes.
2) i have serious cellulite on the back of my thighs. it used to just be on my upper thighs, but it's creeping down to wear it's visible if i were to wear shorts (which i can't ever do!!)
3) i just don't fit into my pants like i used to and my boobs are getting bigger. these are annoyances, because i can't really afford to go buy new bras and pants.

as for my eating disorder, i've been anorexic and an exercise bulimic. i've also obsessively chomped on baked lays before, on the reverse end. i'd eat a whole bag just because i had to, if that makes any sense to anyone? i ended up screwing up my metabolism in a big way. took forever to get it back to normal. it's not that i want to go back to that way, but i just want to shed these pounds. should i try slim fast or something? i'd really like to lose this excess weight by my birthday--july 4th. any ideas?

2 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger Erin said...

How about you try it the right way. Eat something small for breakfast; it kickstarts your metabolism. Fasting puts your body into fat storage mode and makes things worse. Also, plan an evening walk for you and Maisie. When you move add M to the routine. Exercise plus bonding time. Good stuff. And a little time to clear your head of work issues. Big help for me. Lastly, make sure you are eating both lunch and dinner, and have a piece of fruit between each meal. Again, it keeps your metabolism moving correctly. Oh. And if that doesn't seem like enough, I have an exercise bike in the basement. Come pick it up. Put it in the living room. Ride it for 30 min while you watch your favorite nightly TV show. The time will pass and you won't even realize.

You are smarter than an eating disorder. Let the power of common sense work with you. Love you.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger nikki the red said...

erin--call my cell if you wanna go to a party tonight. it's at pearl bar on high st. i'll be there 10ish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home