Monday, June 27, 2005

Random Ignorance of the World

So. Its a Monday morning, close to 9:30 AM. I realize that as of this week, I have been working for my current employer for 5 years. Wow. 5 years. I am only 25. That is prettymuch my entire adult life. I am not overly happy here; my boss is a micromanager who never leaves well enough alone. Even if he gives specific directions on how to do something, and you follow it to the letter, he will inevitably change one number by a nickel just to feel like he has some input. Its really tough on the nerves to never feel like you are good enough at something, since he goes behind you to make all these changes. I am at wit's end with it, but not sure what the next step is. I just finished up the required classes to sit for the state real estate exam, but going from a salaried to a commission job scares the hell out of me. I am a one income family, so if I don't do well, I have nothing to fall back on. And, in 5 years, I have made it to over $40K here, and I just don't know that someone else will start me with that. So, its the rock and the hard place for me, and no one but me can tell me what the right answer is. I can't get past the dull feelings here; I don't look forward to work, and I do whatever I can to avoid it, procrastinating on getting things done as long as I can. Any advice on how to make a bad place seem better? How to feel good about my job, so that I don't dread getting out of bed in the morning?

And boys. I am intelligent, successful, and not the most hideous woman in the world. What is wrong with dating someone who has their head on straight? Owning a home and a dog does not mean that I "need" a husband tomorrow; I just want to date someone. Its been 2 and a half, close to 3 years since that happened. I just don't get it. I won't settle, but are all the boys at there that bad??

2 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Anna said...

I know it's kind of cliche, but the best way to find a guy is stop looking. Be content being single. When I broke up with my ex, I was really excited about not having a boyfried and being alone for awhile, and Jamie and I started going out a week later.
Hope things go well on the job front! I understand completely how you feel, and I think Dorothy's suggestion is a good one.
Isn't life as a 20-something just FABULOUS?! :)

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger nikki the red said...

you can still call me nikki if you want. hehe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home