Tuesday, March 08, 2005

...a repeat from before?

it's becoming more and more obvious that i've checked out on chicago. i've been in st. louis now since thursday...i was supposed to come back to chicago yesterday, then today, and now the plan is for me to go back thursday...with my boyfriend in tow. (it's his spring break, he has no school until monday.) we would have been going back tomorrow if it weren't for his doctor's appointment...but still, the point is that i was planning on being back for mock trial practice today, and now i'm not. i feel bad about missing it, but i become more and more convinced as time goes by that my life isn't there. it's here. i've spent the last five days hanging around here, goofing around with my boyfriend, going to some random functions with some law school friends of his.

st. louis is where i belong next year. more than that, it is where i belong now.

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Nic - Every time I visit Florida, it reaches out to me. Not just the beaches and the relaxation, but everything about it. My cousins live in Pensacola, and I feel like I am home every time I vist. Ohio feels temporary to me. Have lived here 25 years, and it still feels that way. IMO, be excited to feel grounded and attached to somewhere that you can call home, and just be happy that not only did you find it, but you are able to be there very very soon. =)

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger nikki the red said...

that's how i feel about falmouth, ma. i spent 2 summers there, yet the soothing lifestyle has remained in my mind for years now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home