Saturday, July 09, 2005

Introduction

Hi! I'm Laura (or lccb144 as will show up as my username) and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 20-something (24) who lives in Chicago, is married and has two cats. I'm a student at a seminary in Chicago and am currently working in a hospital as part of my studies. In fact, I'm at the hospital right now. I'm a student chaplain so I visit with patients, pray with them if they want and try to be there for families if a relative dies. There is probably more to what I do than that but I think that sums it up. I only have 6 more weeks of that to go and I'm glad because I know that this is not what I want to do for the rest of my life. I will happily be a pastor but being a hospital chaplain requires a stronger stomach.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and thanks for letting me post here!

4 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger nicolle said...

welcome!

another chicagoan? i'm a chicagoan, at least for the next few weeks. :) i've lived in hyde park for five years.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger lccb81 said...

me too! (hyde parker) but now you're moving to St. Louis... such as life.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger nicolle said...

you live in hyde park too? are you associated with the U of C somehow? (i'm a graduate, class of '04.)

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger lccb81 said...

Nope, no U of C but very, very close to there. Do you know where the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago is?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home