Wednesday, July 27, 2005

New Job!

So after having paid my dues in every industry except the one I want to work in, I finally got a job in eating disorders. It's an admin assistant position at a psych hospital in the ed unit. At first I thought it would be paperwork, officework, etc., but I'm actually the assistant to the therapist who developed the program, so I'll be working with the patients about 7 hours a day. I'm SOOOOOOO excited! This is THE PERFECT job for me. It's basically the starting position for my career. The weird thing is, it all happened so fast! On Thursday, I was talking to a co-worker about how I had been dreading coming back after my vacation, and how I wanted a work from home job. She suggested I look on Craigslist, something I can't believe I didn't do before. I find everything on Craigslist. Anyway, I started looking for work from home jobs and didn't find anything; then I started looking at random jobs, and typed in "eating disorders". This was the only thing that came up, and I was so thrilled. (It's also really close to my house and to school-about a 15 minute drive against traffic both ways.) I sent my resume in on Thursday night, and got a message Friday asking me when I was available for an interview. I called the lady Friday evening, and then had to wait all weekend, but she called me on Monday, and we set up an interview for Tuesday evening. So I went in last night, and she hired me on the spot. I start two weeks from tomorrow, and I can't wait! It will be really nice; I don't start work until 10 am, so I'll have a couple of hours in the morning to study, then I'm off at 6 pm, so I can keep the four classes that I'm planning to take next semester. So now I'm totally ecstatic and can't stop smiling or dancing around. :)

2 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Erin said...

That is so wonderful! It has to feel great to be able to do something you want to do =) I hope it goes as well when you start!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger nikki the red said...

that's awesome anna! there's nothing better than to make $ doing what you love best! and craiglist is a wonderful thing! i've gotten a lot of acting/promo work off of it in terms of side jobs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home